MBA Pierce’s Government Affairs staff works to analyze political candidates who are pro-housing and will be supportive of YOUR issues. With MBA Pierce member support, the Government Affairs program continues to work with local jurisdictions to provide a better regulatory atmosphere for YOUR business.
The Master Builders Association of Pierce County (MBA Pierce) government affairs program is an active participant in the policy and regulatory processes in Pierce County. The government affairs staff of MBA Pierce operates under the direction of the Legislative Strategy Committee (LSC) which is composed of MBA Pierce members. Under the LSC’s direction, the government affairs staff works to promote the following resolutions of MBA Pierce:
- Removing regulatory and financial barriers to building affordable housing
- Promoting smart growth
- Advocating for government transparency in how permit and impact fees are calculated
- Working with local jurisdictions to ensure high levels of services and timely issuance of permits
The MBA Pierce proactively works towards policy and code changes to improve the building atmosphere in Pierce County jurisdictions. Some of the accomplishments of the Government Affairs program at MBA Pierce include the following:
- Saved the building industry throughout Pierce County over $2.5 million in 2015/2016 by fighting burdensome regulations and fee increases.
- Prevented the passage of a costly and restrictive neighborhood conservation district in Tacoma.
- Worked with Pierce County Sewer Division on the calculations for their capacity connection calculations that allowed us to reduce overall sewage connection charge.
READ MORE ON THE IMPACT OF BUILDING AND GROWTH IN PIERCE COUNTY: