“MBA Pierce encourages young professionals to consider and pursue a career in the home building industry,” said MBA Pierce Executive Officer Jeremiah Lafranca. “In recent years there’s been a shortage in the trades. We hope MBA Pierce scholarships motivate and inspire students to further their education in this field.”
Five winners were chosen based on the applicant’s field of study, extracurricular activities and building industry work experiences.
This year’s winners are:
- Kenneth Brooks – Construction Management, University of Washington
- Carson Fast – Computer Science/Music Performance, Central Washington University
- Evan Hyland – Architecture, Green River Community College
- Brad Johnson – Construction Management, Central Washington University
- Hayden Saalfeld – Electrical Engineering, Gonzaga University
The scholarship applications were reviewed and evaluated by a committee made up of MBA Pierce members, who then selected the winning recipients.
“The impressive applicants this year show great promise and a positive future for our industry,” said committee chair Chris Lockhart. “It is an honor for MBA Pierce to have the ability to help these students achieve the education they deserve.”
Last year, MBA Pierce awarded $9,000 in scholarships to six students who had demonstrated a passion and commitment to developing a career in a home building profession. This year MBA Pierce increased the awarded amount to $12,500 in total. MBA Pierce’s scholarships are funded solely by its member donations.
If you are interested in more information about MBA Pierce’s Scholarship Program, please contact Sheryl Bushaw at 253-272-2112.