The Public Relations Committee advises and assists the association's communications staff regarding media and public relations efforts that affect the housing industry in the following ways:
- Enhance a positive awareness of the MBA.
- Support the communication efforts of other MBA committees.
- Provide timely and relevant communications to members and the media.
- Organize and support community outreach programs.
Members may send the MBA press releases for potential publication. Press releases submitted to the MBA are an exclusive benefit of MBA Membership. We ask that members please use the following guidelines:
- Members may promote their company, and employees in a number of ways, such as but not limited to accreditations/awards received, community recognitions/services, exclusive lines, mergers and acquisitions, business/employee anniversaries, grand openings
- Priority will be given based on newsworthiness, timeliness and space available
- Press releases will be used with approval from P.R Committee and MBA Executive Vice President
- MBA needs press releases by the 20th of prior month for current month newsletter. Press release will also be forwarded on to the appropriate media contacts
- MBA has the right to edit all content
- Please include contact information in press releases for additional questions
- Please do not send press releases regarding sales or product placements
The MBA Public Relations Committee meets the first Wednesday of each month at 3:30 pm. For more information contact Laura Haworth at (253)272-2112 ext. 102.