BIAW Health Insurance Program
As part of your membership with the Master Builders Association of Pierce County, you may qualify to participate in the BIAW Health Insurance Trust Program.
Providing Affordable Health Care Insurance Options
The BIAW Health Insurance program is a non-profit, multiple employer benefit program created for members of local building associations throughout the Pacific Northwest. Purchasing power, excellent benefits and rate stability are the cornerstones of the success of the BIAW Health Insurance program.
- The BIAW program offers group medical, dental, vision, life and disability plans. Over 20 custom plan designs available including: Health Savings Account plans, and Voluntary Dental plans, with a range of benefit and deductible levels.
- All BIAW benefit plans include 100% coverage for preventive care benefits like annual physicals, well-baby checkups and cancer screening.
- All BIAW BlueShield plans include coverage for On-The-Job accidents (when the claimant is not covered under a Workers Comp. program). Most other plans exclude these claims.
- No matter which combination of BIAW benefit plans your firm elects, you will receive only one monthly billing statement, and make a single monthly payment.
- Exclusive Trust Consultants & Administrators:
- EPK & Associates, Inc., is the exclusive contract administrator for the BIAW Program. EPK's employee benefit professionals provide direct customer service to both participating firms and their employees, including claims and eligibility assistance, COBRA administration, etc.
- Capital Benefit Services, Inc., the BIAW Trust Consulting Broker, is responsible for plan design, carrier renewal negotiations, employee communications, plan comparisons, employee meetings and evaluating additional benefit options. Capital Benefit Services, Inc. can also assist with other employee benefits such as:
- Long-Term and Short-Term Disability
- Individual Plans for part-time employees or ineligible dependents
- Retirement Plans
- HRA Accounts
- Voluntary Dental
- Subscribers take advantage of 5-15% premium discounts available through the region's foremost health insurers, including Regence BlueShield, and Asuris Northwest Health.
- Over 2,400 companies with almost 62,000 individuals are covered under various BIAW and MBA benefit plans. The BIAW Program is one of the largest multiple employer health care purchasing alliance in the Northwest.
You don't have to be a BIAW member to receive your free health insurance quote and comparision. You'll want to become a member once you see how great the savings are! If you are not a member or don't know, please contact BIAW Insurance Programs Coordinator Jenn Wright.
If you have any questions regarding the BIAW Health Insurance program, please call 1-800-545-7011 ext 6.
To receive your free health insurance premium comparison quote, please complete the Health Insurance Request Form and send to:
BIAW Health Program
EPK & Associates
15375 SE 30th Place, Suite 380
Bellevue, WA 98007